Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Kamal Ezzaki <ka...@gmail.com> on 2019/04/03 08:57:54 UTC

Radius Error Message

hello is anyone know why i have this error in my log file
:
*ERROR o.a.g.a.r.RadiusConnectionService - No such RADIUS algorithm: MD4
MessageDigest not available*

i m trying to communicate using mschapv2 , i already test the radius
communication between the server and radius with radtest commande and it's
working but with guacamole no .

Re: Radius Error Message

Posted by Kamal Ezzaki <ka...@gmail.com>.
i have already run this commande to built the extension *mvn clean package
-Plgpl-extensions * and copy the radius jar to my extension folder but with
the seem error

Re: Radius Error Message

Posted by Kamal Ezzaki <ka...@gmail.com>.
it's working with pap authentification but mschap,chap,mschapv2 no it's
give me the seem error , any Help please

Re: Radius Error Message

Posted by Kamal Ezzaki <ka...@gmail.com>.
the error :
localhost server: log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger
(net.jradius.log.Log4JRadiusLogger).
Apr  4 12:00:04 localhost server: log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j
system properly.
Apr  4 12:00:04 localhost server: 12:00:04.446 [http-bio-8080-exec-10]

Re: Radius Error Message

Posted by Kamal Ezzaki <ka...@gmail.com>.
how can i change the version , im trying to install
openjdk java-1.8.0-openjdk-1.8.0.191.b12-1.el7_6.x86_64 and he gives
me 1.8.0_201

Re: Radius Error Message

Posted by Kamal Ezzaki <ka...@gmail.com>.
the seem problem after i changed the version.
i change the version of openjdk
i restart tomcat
the problem still existe
should i repreduce the radius extension ?

Re: Radius Error Message

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Apr 3, 2019 at 9:46 AM Kamal Ezzaki <ka...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Okay , happy to help you just this one time . i m gonna try to change the
> version to 1.8.0_191 thank you for you help

Great, looking forwarding your testing results!

-Nick

Re: Radius Error Message

Posted by Kamal Ezzaki <ka...@gmail.com>.

Re: Radius Error Message

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Apr 3, 2019 at 9:34 AM Kamal Ezzaki <ka...@gmail.com> wrote:

> yes i think that's you are right , the probleme is the java version i have
> another server running guacamole and the authentification passed with
> mschapv2, chap , pap .. . and it running openjdk version "1.8.0_191"    but
> in the other server that's i have this error the version is "1.8.0_201" .

Thanks, Kamal, that's really good information!  This probably deserves a
bug in our JIRA issue tracker so that we can determine what we need to do
to be compatible across Java versions.  I suspect that, if it doesn't work
in 1.8.0_201, it also will not work in JDK11 or anything after that, so we
definitely need to address it.

> is there any way i can change the version ??

Probably so - it depends on what Linux distribution you are running, but
you should be able to go back and install a specific version of the OpenJDK
package and get the one that works.

-Nick

Re: Radius Error Message

Re: Radius Error Message

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Apr 3, 2019 at 4:58 AM Kamal Ezzaki <ka...@gmail.com> wrote:

> hello is anyone know why i have this error in my log file
> :
> *ERROR o.a.g.a.r.RadiusConnectionService - No such RADIUS algorithm: MD4
> MessageDigest not available*

Interesting.  Seems this isn't the only project to encounter that:

https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-9763

Nothing relevant has changed in Guacamole since I tested it when developing
it, so I wonder if the Java version has an impact or changed something.
Looks like there are some work-arounds for it, we might have to implement
one of those.

-Nick