Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Ferindo Middleton Jr <fm...@verizon.net> on 2005/07/31 07:44:50 UTC

Showing data from sql query using datgrid taglib - HOW?

I have downloaded the datagrid 1.2 taglib and have read the
documentation and looked at the examples but none of these two sources
specifically show how to use the datagrid taglib for showing the results
of a database query.
Can anyone give an example of how to tie the datagrid into showing
database query/result records. I've been doing this the manual way using
simple tables and looping through query results to regular html tables
fields to populate the results of my sql queries for my application...
using datagrid seems like a cleaner tool...
Also, this taglib seems to be just for viewing data but not editing
it... any one one if setting up the fields for editing is possible with
this taglib or if it is in the works wit h the developers or whether
there is another taglib  out there  that's better for this  at any rate.

Ferindo

--
Ferindo Middleton
Chief Architect