Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> on 2004/04/03 15:54:05 UTC

BCEL breaks compatibility

Hi,

On the 23 May last year (we are a bit slow), BCEL introduced a incompatible
change in the CVS.

Details;
Source file: ./src/java/org/apache/bcel/classfile/JavaClass.java

cvs -q diff -u -r 1.13 -r 1.14
./src/java/org/apache/bcel/classfile/JavaClass.java | grep "JavaClass
getSuperClass"
-  public JavaClass getSuperClass() {
+  public JavaClass getSuperClass() throws ClassNotFoundException {

which currently breaks the Avalon Fortress Gump build.

Please advice the status of this particular change.
Is it going in to a BCEL 6.0?
Is it a mistake?

Thanks
Niclas

P.S. I am not subscribed to the Jakarta lists, so please respond to "Gump
General" or "Avalon Dev" lists.