Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by David Bernard <dw...@free.fr> on 2007/09/10 12:14:58 UTC

[wicketstuff] maven repositories

Hi,

I've added (as suggested) :

         <distributionManagement>
                 <snapshotRepository>
                         <id>repo</id>
                         <name>Local Bamboo/Tomcat repository</name>
                         <url>file:/home/wicket/tomcat/webapps/maven/repository/</url>
                         <uniqueVersion>false</uniqueVersion>
                 </snapshotRepository>
                 <repository>
                         <id>repo</id>
                         <name>Local Bamboo/Tomcat repository</name>
                         <url>file:/home/wicket/tomcat/webapps/maven/repository/</url>
                 </repository>
         </distributionManagement>

into the wicketstuff-parent's pom.xml (the shared pom for wicketstuff-jquery* projects).

IMO, it's better to have 2 directories one for release and one for snapshots.
* /home/wicket/tomcat/webapps/maven/repository/release
* /home/wicket/tomcat/webapps/maven/repository/snapshots

With 2 directories, it's possible to enable rsync/push of releases into central repository (snaphots aren't allowed).
See "Sync'ing your own repository to the central repository automatically" at http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-central-repository-upload.html
(I did it for my sourceforge project and for inria forge).

/david

Re: [wicketstuff] maven repositories

Posted by David Bernard <dw...@free.fr>.

Johan Compagner wrote:
>> Which information do you need to make plans or allow me to make plan.
>

> preferred username/password

sent privatly

> Bamboo is the only way to publish on wicketstuff repository ?
>

> currently yes the repository is really meant for snapshots that are made
> constantly bamboo
>
> Are you agree to split repository between releases and snapshots ?
>

> dont know yet will discuss, as i said it is meant for snapshots.

In a common project lifecycle maven + svn, version under trunk are always SNAPSHOT. So CI like Bamboo build SNAPSHOT only.
Releases are build/deploy/tag by the release manager on a different box than the CI host.
So why not :
* snapshot repository fill by bamboo
* release repository fill by human (jira project manager,...)
?

Except if bamboo have some special feature to publish or copy selected builds (I don't know bamboo)

/david

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Bernard <dw...@free.fr>.

Posted by Maurice Marrink <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hint, Johan can do both ;)

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Bernard <dw...@free.fr>.

Johan Compagner wrote:
> i don't see the jquery projects in bamboo
> so then that distributionManagement doesn't do much.

How to regsister projects on bamboo ?

> Why having 2 dirs? Maven already creates there own dirs for the specific
> projects
> also we don't do rsync to something. This repository is just for the wicket
> snapshots and wicketstuff snapshots/releases

It's possible to upload releases on central repository automaticaly without doing a JIRA request,
* only for repository's root directory without snapshots.
* only for one groupId (and children) (by request) (eg: org.wicketstuff)

from the maven site :
Sync'ing your own repository to the central repository automatically
This is the preferred process. You first have to setup your project to deploy to a remote repository .

You must make sure the remote repository server has rsync or rsync over ssh, there are free services like Sourceforge that provide you ssh server access .

After you are able to deploy to your remote repository make sure you only deploy releases . Then you can provide a script like the current scripts , open an issue under MAVENUPLOAD and attach the
script, and we'll add it to the automatically synced repos.

Make sure you provide proof of owning the domain that matches the groupId (see groupId considerations above). Proof means either the server to sync from has a name under that domain, your name shows
up in a prominent place in the domain, or you provide a link to a whois database where your name shows up as the domain owner.

If you are using ssh in your own server you need to add the maven public key to the authorized ones to allow us to log in the machine.

Remember to subscribe to repository mailing list .

Important : nothing is deleted or changed in the Central Repository after it is synced (except maven-metadata.xml files)

Upload jar to central repo:
* avoid user to declare wicketstuff's repository in every pom.
* increase visibility
* do automatique registration into mvnrepository.com and maven IDE plugin

/david

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
But how do we propagate the releases to the central repository? The
maven guys want to use a rsync thing to get them if you let them.

Martijn

On 9/11/07, Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> i don't see the jquery projects in bamboo
> so then that distributionManagement doesn't do much.
>
> Why having 2 dirs? Maven already creates there own dirs for the specific
> projects
> also we don't do rsync to something. This repository is just for the wicket
> snapshots and wicketstuff snapshots/releases
>
> johan
>

> On 9/10/07, David Bernard <dw...@free.fr> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've added (as suggested) :
> >
> >          <distributionManagement>
> >                  <snapshotRepository>
> >                          <id>repo</id>
> >                          <name>Local Bamboo/Tomcat repository</name>
> >
> > <url>file:/home/wicket/tomcat/webapps/maven/repository/</url>
> >                          <uniqueVersion>false</uniqueVersion>
> >                  </snapshotRepository>
> >                  <repository>
> >                          <id>repo</id>
> >                          <name>Local Bamboo/Tomcat repository</name>
> >
> > <url>file:/home/wicket/tomcat/webapps/maven/repository/</url>
> >                  </repository>
> >          </distributionManagement>
> >
> > into the wicketstuff-parent's pom.xml (the shared pom for
> > wicketstuff-jquery* projects).
> >
> > IMO, it's better to have 2 directories one for release and one for
> > snapshots.
> > * /home/wicket/tomcat/webapps/maven/repository/release
> > * /home/wicket/tomcat/webapps/maven/repository/snapshots
> >
> > With 2 directories, it's possible to enable rsync/push of releases into
> > central repository (snaphots aren't allowed).
> > See "Sync'ing your own repository to the central repository automatically"
> > at
> > http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-central-repository-upload.html
> > (I did it for my sourceforge project and for inria forge).
> >
> > /david

Apache Wicket 1.3.0-beta3 is released
Get it now: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/1.3.0-beta3/

Re: [wicketstuff] maven repositories