Posted to users@maven.apache.org by nicolas de loof <ni...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/03 11:50:02 UTC

integrate JavaScript dev tools in maven build ?

Hello,

My webapps now come with more and more JavaScript (web 2.0 !)
I expect maven to bring me best-practices and great tools the same way it
did for my java code.

Is there any work-in-progress to integrate some JS-tools as maven plugins ?

- jsdoc (or similar) to générate javadoc-like documentation
- some js-compression tool
- some js-merge tool

I've looked at prototype build system based on Ruby "Rake". The source code
is splitted into individual, specialized, js files. This looks a good
practice to make things clear and avoid conflicts during devs.

YUI comes with a -debug and a -min version of all its components. This also
looks interesting. I've no idea about the build process they use.

Any suggestion ?
Any link to java-based tools web could try to package as maven plugins ?

Nico.

Re: integrate JavaScript dev tools in maven build ?

Posted by nicolas de loof <ni...@gmail.com>.
I also discovered Dojo has a javascript compressor that may be embedded as
maven plugin
http://alex.dojotoolkit.org/shrinksafe/

An alternative is JSMin that has a Java version (
http://inconspicuous.org/projects/jsmin/JSMin.java)

Posted by nicolas de loof <ni...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot for all those links.

Posted by Manos Batsis <ma...@geekologue.com>.