Posted to jmeter-dev@jakarta.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2005/05/28 19:25:25 UTC

TestBean - how to deal with i18n in drop-down lists

I've created a drop-down list with several String values.
The value is being correctly passed to the TestElement at run-time.

However, the original string values are obtained from a resource
bundle, and will thus vary between Locales.

The strings are always created in the same order, so one could search
the array entries for the appropriate string value, but that seems
quite messy, and may well fail when changing Locales.

Is there a way to obtain the selected index from the Bean GUI?

Or perhaps better, is there a way to define the drop-down list as
fixed strings (e.g. the list of resource keys) and somehow provide a
mapping to and from the locale-specific strings at run-time?

[I could use radio-buttons instead, but that's not really suitable here.]

Seems to me there must be a standard solution to this, but so far I've
been unable to find one...