Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Brett Porter <bp...@f2network.com.au> on 2004/04/30 02:20:46 UTC

Maven 1.0 Status Update

Hi,

I realised I've been communicating this in bits and pieces via the mailing
list and blog, but I thought I'd pass on the release plan voted on by the
PMC and how I am approaching the work to release Maven 1.0.

The plan is to release RC3 as a "complete" release - there should be no
outstanding bugs in either the core or the plugins when it is released that
we are going to fix before 1.0. I have excluded documentation from this list
as I intend to work on this while RC3 is out there getting tested by the
masses. Only small, zero-risk bugfixes and documentation updates will be
made on RC3 before 1.0 is released. There will be no RC4, unless a
showstopper requires a high-risk change to be made after RC3.

As far as JIRA goes, I started out assigning things to fix to myself, but I
have now collated bugs in the following way:
- core bugs are marked for RC3 or 1.0 as appropriate
- plugin bugs are linked to MAVEN-1244 (RC3) and MAVEN-1245 (1.0) as
appropriate

If there is anything not on these lists, they will not be fixed by 1.0. I
continue to update them as reports come in, but this has slowed a lot
recently due to the growing stability of the various pieces.

If you think there is something that needs to be fixed for 1.0, now is the
time to put them forward. I anticipate about another weeks work before I can
start preparing RC3 (I didn't get anywhere near the amount of time I needed
in the last couple of weeks).

I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank those that have kept
reporting issues well, submitting patches and cleaning up the plugins,
especially the Maven developers who keep plugging away at the various areas
of the project, that have made it a lot easier for me to step in and pull
this together.

Cheers,
Brett

--
Brett Porter ~ brett@apache.org
blog: http://blogs.codehaus.org/people/brett

Re: Maven 1.0 Status Update

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@maven.org>.
On Thu, 2004-04-29 at 20:20, Brett Porter wrote:

> If you think there is something that needs to be fixed for 1.0, now is the
> time to put them forward. I anticipate about another weeks work before I can
> start preparing RC3 (I didn't get anywhere near the amount of time I needed
> in the last couple of weeks).

That's always the way it goes. Regardless, you've done an amazing job
cleaning things up for the release.