Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org> on 2007/02/21 23:36:42 UTC

Databinding exception running helloworldwsclientOM

I am getting the following error trying to run the test case that I just
checked in under axis2/samples/helloworldwsclientOM in the integration
branch:

[INFO] Surefire report directory:
/home/delfinoj/Tuscany/apache-repos/branches/sca-java-integration/sca/extensions/axis2/samples/helloworldwsclientOM/target/surefire-reports

 T E S T S
Running helloworldOM.HelloWorldServerTestCase
Feb 21, 2007 2:28:37 PM
org.apache.axis2.deployment.URLBasedAxisConfigurator getAxisConfiguration
INFO: No repository found , module will be loaded from classpath
Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 3.099 sec
Running helloworldOM.HelloWorldClientTestCase
Feb 21, 2007 2:28:39 PM
org.apache.axis2.deployment.URLBasedAxisConfigurator getAxisConfiguration
INFO: No repository found , module will be loaded from classpath
Feb 21, 2007 2:28:39 PM
org.apache.axis2.deployment.URLBasedAxisConfigurator getAxisConfiguration
INFO: No repository found , module will be loaded from classpath
Feb 21, 2007 2:28:42 PM
org.apache.axis2.deployment.URLBasedAxisConfigurator getAxisConfiguration
INFO: No repository found , module will be loaded from classpath
Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 5.04 sec
<<< FAILURE!
testWSClient(helloworldOM.HelloWorldClientTestCase)  Time elapsed: 5.036
sec  <<< ERROR!
org.apache.tuscany.spi.databinding.TransformationException: No path
found for the transformation
        at
org.apache.tuscany.core.databinding.impl.MediatorImpl.getTransformerChain(MediatorImpl.java:164)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.core.databinding.impl.MediatorImpl.mediate(MediatorImpl.java:79)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.core.databinding.impl.Input2InputTransformer.transform(Input2InputTransformer.java:138)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.core.databinding.impl.Input2InputTransformer.transform(Input2InputTransformer.java:46)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.core.databinding.impl.MediatorImpl.mediate(MediatorImpl.java:91)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.core.databinding.impl.DataBindingInteceptor.transform(DataBindingInteceptor.java:164)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.core.databinding.impl.DataBindingInteceptor.invoke(DataBindingInteceptor.java:75)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.core.wire.SynchronousBridgingInterceptor.invoke(SynchronousBridgingInterceptor.java:41)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.core.databinding.impl.PassByValueInterceptor.invoke(PassByValueInterceptor.java:68)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.core.wire.SynchronousBridgingInterceptor.invoke(SynchronousBridgingInterceptor.java:41)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.spi.wire.AbstractOutboundInvocationHandler.invoke(AbstractOutboundInvocationHandler.java:91)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.core.wire.jdk.JDKOutboundInvocationHandler.invoke(JDKOutboundInvocationHandler.java:166)
        at $Proxy23.getGreetings(Unknown Source)
        at
helloworldOM.HelloWorldServiceComponent.getGreetings(HelloWorldServiceComponent.java:42)
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.tuscany.core.implementation.java.JavaTargetInvoker.invokeTarget(JavaTargetInvoker.java:93)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.spi.extension.TargetInvokerExtension.invoke(TargetInvokerExtension.java:67)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.core.wire.InvokerInterceptor.invoke(InvokerInterceptor.java:44)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.spi.wire.AbstractInboundInvocationHandler.invoke(AbstractInboundInvocationHandler.java:45)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.core.wire.jdk.JDKInboundInvocationHandler.invoke(JDKInboundInvocationHandler.java:122)
        at $Proxy23.getGreetings(Unknown Source)
        at
helloworldOM.HelloWorldClientTestCase.testWSClient(HelloWorldClientTestCase.java:58)

Results :

I may have missed something in the configuration of the module, but does
anybody working on our Axiom databinding know what could cause an
"org.apache.tuscany.spi.databinding.TransformationException: No path
found for the transformation" exception?

--
Jean-Sebastien

Databinding programming model, was: Databinding exception running helloworldwsclientOM

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.
Raymond Feng wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Actually such simplification is under development. I'm in the middle
> of improving it so that @DataType annotation is not required if the
> type can be recognized by a databinding.
>
> Thanks,
> Raymond
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jean-Sebastien Delfino"
> <js...@apache.org>

Great!

Are you going to detect JAX-WS and SDO generated interfaces as well?

Also could you give a summary of how to use these annotations?

What does it mean to have a @DataType annotation on a class? on a
method? on a field?

Why isn't the DataType annotation usable on a parameter?

Should I specify @DataType on a service interface? or can I specify it
on a component implementation?

Does @DataType support inheritance? let's say I have an Account business
object class, and CheckingAccount and SavingsAccount extending Account.
Can I specify @DataType(Account) and still flow CheckingAccounts and
SavingsAccount?

Thanks...

--
Jean-Sebastien

Re: Databinding exception running helloworldwsclientOM

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.