Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Loke Peng-Fai-a12489 <pf...@motorola.com> on 2006/03/24 06:40:46 UTC

Is there a 'http response sampler' in Jmeter

Hi,

I am planning to do  a  performance and load testing on our server.
A simplified configuration and flow is listed below:

              1.  http
2.  http/soap
Client -----------------> Web Server under test
------------------------>  Third party Authentication Server
         <------------------
<------------------------
              4.  200ok
3.   200 ok

 Based on my understanding,  Jmeter  can be used  to replace the Client
and generate  http get/set traffic using the http request sampler.
In order to simulate an end to end flow and performance I need a test
stub for the Third party Authentication Server to receive and response
to the SOAP request.

I wonder whether I can configure Jmeter to do that.  Is there a 'http
response sampler'?  In short can I configure jmeter to receive and
process http event rather than generate post/get  event?

Suggestions and comments are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Is there a 'http response sampler' in Jmeter

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
All Samplers are Request/Response at present.

There is no way to wait for a response without sending one, except
that I think the TCP Sampler will send nothing if the output message
is empty (it calls write(s.getBytes()), but the byte array will be
empty)

You might be able to use that to wait for an incoming message.
Remember to set the EOL character appropriately.

If not, you could write your own TCP Implementation, or write a
BeanShell Sampler to wait for the message.

There is no support at all for asynchronous receives.

S.