Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jan Lange <ja...@extreme-webhosting.de> on 2001/11/13 01:53:44 UTC

How get Cocoon 1.8.1 with Tomcat 4.0.1 working?

Hello all,

I have installed Tomcat 4.0.1
and Cocoon 1.8.2. I have done it
with the manuals for Tomcat 3.x for
Cocoon installing.

But it won't work.

When I type in http://www.artada.de/Cocoon.xml
then I became the following error:

Publishing Engine could not be initialized.

java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading logicsheet at
resource://org/apache/cocoon/processor/xsp/library/java/util.xsl due to
java.lang.Exception: Resource not found or retrieving error.
	at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPProcessor.init(XSPProcessor.java:302)

I use the same config for Cocoon that I have used on
Tomcat 3.2.1 (where it works very fine!!)

I don't found any manuals to Install Cocoon 1.8.2
on Tomcat 4.0.1. So I have no idea what I have
to do, so it work on it.

Can anybody help me?
Or give me a URL to a manual for do this??

Thanks!
Jan Lange

Re: How get Cocoon 1.8.1 with Tomcat 4.0.1 working?

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.
Create a directory under webapps.  It can be named whatever, but for this
purpose, cocoon works.  In that directory, create another called WEB-INF
(note case is important).  Follow the directions given for TC 3.x except
where it makes reference to setting up a class path and copying .jar files.
At that point, all .jar files including cocoon.jar should be placed in
WEB-INF/lib and nothing needs to be done with the classpath.  TC 4.0.1's
class loader will take care of classpath issues.

Everything else should work right.  Just place your .xml and .xslt files
under the webapps/cocoon directory and restart TC or use the manager app to
load the new app.  Try to access them from your browser.

Good luck and hope this helps.

--David Smith