Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jim Jagielski <ji...@devsys.jaguNET.com> on 1999/06/23 16:42:00 UTC

mass vhost and MMN

You know, I think Ryan's right. I think the mass-vhost change
requires a major MMN bump, not a minor.

What to do? Reverse the patch? Bump up MMN major and stay 1.3.7?
Bump up MMN and go to 1.4.0 ?

Ken?? ;)

Re: mass vhost and MMN

Posted by Ask Bjoern Hansen <as...@valueclick.com>.
On Wed, 23 Jun 1999, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> in by pointer.  If anyone can point to a case in which a
> module does something like ap_pcalloc(sizeof(server_rec)),
> then this is major -- otherwise I think minor covers it.
> Doug, Rasmus, do mod_perl or mod_php do this?

I don't think mod_perl does.

 - ask

--
ask bjoern hansen - <http://www.netcetera.dk/~ask/>
more than 14M impressions per day, <http://valueclick.com>

Re: mass vhost and MMN

Posted by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com>.
Jim Jagielski wrote:

> You know, I think Ryan's right. I think the mass-vhost change
> requires a major MMN bump, not a minor.

Ryan?  Or Greg?  I think the change in size of a structure
only warrants a major bump if it's a structure modules will
be creating/copying.  I don't know of any modules that do
anything like that with the server_rec; it's always handed
in by pointer.  If anyone can point to a case in which a
module does something like ap_pcalloc(sizeof(server_rec)),
then this is major -- otherwise I think minor covers it.
Doug, Rasmus, do mod_perl or mod_php do this?

> What to do? Reverse the patch? Bump up MMN major and stay 1.3.7?
> Bump up MMN and go to 1.4.0 ?

I don't see a major bump as invalidating the 1.3 series, so
even if it it *is* a major I think we can stay with 1.3.7.
I don't think we want to reverse the patch.
--
#ken    P-)}