Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Randy Terbush <ra...@dsndata.com> on 1995/05/01 16:20:55 UTC

Re: votes

Sorry for my silence.  One of those weekends....

> Insufficient votes for inclusion
> --------------------------------
> B73_YAP_virtual_host-rev3.txt            needs 2* +1
> B83-next.txt                             needs +1
> P67-patch.new_dbm_group_file.txt         needs +1

Finally got around to bringing up Apache with the latest patches.

I'll add my +1 to all of the above.

The Virtual Host stuff works nicely.  I am still not satisfied
that multiple hostnames cannot serve the same pages.  I am trying
to get some time to see what it would take to change the
DocumentRoot for the Virtual Host to be a "VirtualRoot" and strip
that from URLs referenced via that Virtual Host.  Seems doable.
I need a bigger time slice...

> Does anyone want to vote for these?
>
> Rejected
> --------
> B77.symlink.hole.txt
> E70_add_handler.txt
> O58_makefile
> Fork_Free.txt

There are some conflicts with Fork_Free and P67.

Re: votes

Posted by "Roderick Murchison, Jr." <mu...@Newbridge.COM>.
I just joined the list and I'm not sure how all the voting takes place,
(or who is allowed to cast votes) however, I would like to add a "+1" for:

P67-patch.new_dbm_group_file.txt

I just applied this patch to the 0.6.2 release and it has been VERY useful.

We are in the process of creating a similar feature which speaks with a
Sybase database rather than a DBM file.  These mods will be made public
when we are done (about another week to go).

Cheers..

Roderick Murchison, Jr.                      Newbridge Networks, Inc.
-----------------------                      Network Engineering
murchiso@newbridge.com                       460 Herndon Parkway
http://www.vivid.newbridge.com/~murchiso     Herndon, VA 22070-5241
                                             (703) 318-5759 [office]