Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "jeremy_soula-maven@yahoo.fr" <je...@yahoo.fr> on 2007/10/26 09:51:16 UTC

Download of alpha version on repo1.maven.org

Hello,

I don't specify in my project the version of maven-war-plugin. So I
though that i take only the lastest STABLE release deployed on the repo
maven.
But since the deploiement of 2.1-alpha-1 of maven-war-plugin, i was
surprised that Maven automatically download it. And the build of my
project failed because this version is not stable.

Is project's version like 2.1-alpha are considered as release?

To succeed the build, i specify explicitely in the pom.xml the version
of the maven-war-plugin.
There is a way to tell maven to download only stable version, with no
classifier? Or do i write explicitely the version for all the plugin i used.

Thanks

RE: Download of alpha version on repo1.maven.org

Posted by ni...@planet.nl.
Everything not SNAPSHOT is considered stable in Mavens eyes. ;) It is indeed best practice to qualify each plugin used with a version number, to avoid such surprises.

As far as I know, sometimes an alpha or beta is released, when other plugins are waiting on it, or they just want more people to test it. If your build is broken by the alpha release, could you please look and see whether there is already a bug filed for it. If not, please file a bug in jira.codehaus.org with a minimal test case.

Hth,

Nick Stolwijk