Posted to doc@openoffice.apache.org by archana nagarajan <ar...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/16 15:06:56 UTC

I would like to volunteer as technical writer

Hello,

I am a Middleware Administrator with vast experience on a range of products
like Weblogic, Apache HTTP server, IBM Websphere MQ, JBOSs etc. I have
produced a lot of documentation during my stint as technical lead for
various banking/financial projects. I owe 99% of my expertise to the
knowledge I gleaned from technical information freely available on the
internet and I am interested in 'giving back' in some way to the open
source community. I came across this "Call for Volunteers" while surfing
and would like to contribute as a technical writer in any way possible, if
you need me.

Please feel free to reach out to me on archananagarajan@gmail.com

Regards
Archana

Re: I would like to volunteer as technical writer

Posted by Dave <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andrea,

have just completely revised the english version of my introduction for
students.

to my surprise, my website openoffice-uni.org has between 60 and 70
visitors daily!!

the update of the french vesion will be finished on monday or tuesday. have
been working on both for the last 5 months.

please take a look - an italian version would be super!!!

yours
dave

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Luca Ceccarini <lu...@yahoo.com>.
Dave wrote:
> are you proficient also in other languages?
>
> today discovered that my documentation for students has 60 to 70 visitors
> daily and i'm looking to expand it to other languages.

Hi Dave,

I could help with the italian translation. Would be a great way for me
to get my hands dirty...

Luca

Re: I would like to volunteer as technical writer

Posted by Dave <da...@gmail.com>.
hi archana,

are you proficient also in other languages?

today discovered that my documentation for students has 60 to 70 visitors
daily and i'm looking to expand it to other languages. so far have done
english, german and french. some student friends of mine are doing arabic.
have a look at it: openoffice-uni.org

yours, dave

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.
archana nagarajan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am a Middleware Administrator with vast experience on a range of products
> like Weblogic, Apache HTTP server, IBM Websphere MQ, JBOSs etc. I have
> produced a lot of documentation during my stint as technical lead for
> various banking/financial projects. I owe 99% of my expertise to the
> knowledge I gleaned from technical information freely available on the
> internet and I am interested in 'giving back' in some way to the open
> source community. I came across this "Call for Volunteers" while surfing
> and would like to contribute as a technical writer in any way possible, if
> you need me.
>
> Please feel free to reach out to me on archananagarajan-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org
>  be of use
> Regards
> Archana

Greetings Archanna and welcome to the Apache OpenOffice documentation
mailing list. Your skills would definitely be of use. Our user guides
are currently be worked at
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/UserGuide and the status
page is at http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/UserGuide/Status.

For more information on the documentation team and how we work see the
level 3 orientation page at
http://openoffice.apache.org/orientation/intro-doc.html

Regards
Keith McKenna