Posted to muse-user@ws.apache.org by Muni Reddy <na...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/06 13:38:38 UTC

Is NotificationConsumer also WSDM MUWS compliant?

Hi,

I have one NotificationProducer web service(WSDM MUWS specifications
compliant) and a NotificationConsumer as a general webservice (not WSDM
compliant). I am able to subscribe for a topic, but the NotificationProducer
is not able to send notification to NotificationConsumer even when I have a
"notify" method defined in it. However, consumer can get the notifications
through "GetCurrentMessage" request but I want it to be sent automatically
by the NoificationProducer to this Consumer.
1) Is NotificationConsumer bound to be a Web Service that is WSDM MUWS
compliant to receive notifications automatically? If not, please let me know
how to get notifications.

Regards,
Naga Muni Reddy.D

Re: Is NotificationConsumer also WSDM MUWS compliant?

Posted by Daniel Jemiolo <da...@us.ibm.com>.
What is the error from WSDL2Java? I'm guessing it has something to do with
the document-literal + one-way-message style of Notify, but I can't be
sure from your description. If that is the case (and if you really want to
avoid making a ws-resource service), I suggest you "cheat" a little and
add a return type/message to the Notify operation's definition. I'm not an
Axis 1.x WSDL2Java expert, but let me know what the error/stacktrace/etc
are.

Dan

"Muni Reddy" <na...@gmail.com> wrote on 07/06/2006 08:59:23 AM:

> Hi Dan,
>
> Thanks for your reply.In the above attached WSDL, I have used the
correct
> definition of wsnt:Notify. But the problem I am facing is that now I
cannot use the
> org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java tool to generate the java code (the
normal
> procedure that I follow to get my java code for Axis based Web Service),
it
> gives some parsing error.
>
> In case I use org.apache.ws.notification.tool.WsnWsdl2JavaTask  tool
then it would work
> but then it would make it a WSDM compliant Web Service. It means that
the Web
> Service needs to expose at least one resource (which is not our
scenario). We
> want the consumer to be a normal Axis based Web Service (not exposing
any
> resource) just exposing common utility functions. Is there a way to
achieve this?

> - Naga Muni Reddy
>

> On 7/6/06, Daniel Jemiolo <da...@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Your WSDL does not have the correct definition of wsnt:Notify - if you
> look in the OASIS WSN WSDL file[1], you can find all of the correct
> wsdl:message and wsdl:operation elements that you should copy into your
> own WSDL. Be sure to copy the prefix/namespace declarations as well.
Once
> you have a portType and binding that declares the Notify operation with
> the proper name, your consumer will know that wsnt:Notify messages are
> supported and you should start receiving the notifications.
>
> [1] http://ws.apache.org/pubscribe/wsn.html - use WS-BaseNotification
v1.2

> Dan
>

> "Muni Reddy" <na...@gmail.com> wrote on 07/06/2006 08:26:29 AM:
>
> > Hi Dan,
> > My notification consumer is not a WSDM compliant pubscribe consumer,
> it's a
> > normal webservice (deployed on axis) which implements notify ()
method.

> > Can you direct me to what steps are required to make such a consumer
> capable
> > of receiving notifications automatically, if it is possible.
> >
> > Please find an attached wsdl file generated by Axis Java2WSDL tool.
> >
> > I appreciate your help in this matter.
> >
> > - Naga Muni Reddy
> > On 7/6/06, Daniel Jemiolo < danjemiolo@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> > Did you base your notification consumer on the template consumer
project
> > in pubscribe? Or is this your own project? There is probably a small
> error
> > in your WSDL (definition of the Notify operation) or deployment
> descriptor
> > (binding to the Java code that implements Notify) that is causing the
> > messages to be dropped. The pubscribe docs say that any
> > NotificationProducer will send its messages to the consumer's Notify
> > operation, so it must be a problem of deployment artifacts. If you
can't
> > find the problem, sending your WSDL will be a good next step for
finding
> > the problem.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Dan
> >

> > "Muni Reddy" < nagamuni.reddy@gmail.com> wrote on 07/06/2006 07:38:38
> AM:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I have one NotificationProducer web service(WSDM MUWS specifications

> > > compliant) and a NotificationConsumer as a general webservice (not
> WSDM
> > > compliant). I am able to subscribe for a topic, but the
> > NotificationProducer
> > > is not able to send notification to NotificationConsumer even when I

> > have a
> > > "notify" method defined in it. However, consumer can get the
> > notifications
> > > through "GetCurrentMessage" request but I want it to be sent
> > automatically
> > > by the NoificationProducer to this Consumer.
> > > 1) Is NotificationConsumer bound to be a Web Service that is WSDM
MUWS

> > > compliant to receive notifications automatically? If not, please let

> me
> > know
> > > how to get notifications.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Naga Muni Reddy.D

> > --
> > Regards,
> > Naga Muni Reddy.D [attachment "testSoap.wsdl" deleted by Daniel
> Jemiolo/Durham/IBM]

> Regards,
> Naga Muni Reddy.D [attachment "tempConv.wsdl" deleted by Daniel
Jemiolo/Durham/IBM]

Re: Is NotificationConsumer also WSDM MUWS compliant?

Posted by Muni Reddy <na...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dan,

Posted by Daniel Jemiolo <da...@us.ibm.com>.
Hi,