Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Brittany Hermann <he...@google.com> on 2021/02/02 18:56:45 UTC

Beam Learning Months 2021

Hi folks,

I hope y'all are doing well! I wanted to share some exciting news with you!
We are planning on hosting two Beam Learning Months this year - an english
version and a spanish version with 8 use case online sessions for using
Apache Beam. Each of these talks will be free and can be up to 1 hour long
with a Q&A session (similar to standard meetup talks). These talks will be
delivered remotely in the form of webinars throughout June 2021 and October
2021 with 1 session per week for four consecutive weeks.

*Versions*
Beam Learning Month English: June 2, 9, 16, 23 @ 1 PM PST
Beam Learning Month Spanish: October 6, 13, 20, 27 @ 1 PM PST
*These dates and times are pending

With these talks, we hope to keep the community engaged during this
isolation period, and provide learning opportunities for users with updated
knowledge on Apache Beam through interesting use cases. We believe by
hosting a spanish speaking series, we could reach an additional audience.
For these webinars, we are partnering with Software Guru who also hosted
the 2020 Beam Digital Summit. The talks will be both streamed live to
receive questions from the audience, and recorded to be shared in Beam’s
Youtube Channel.

I will be reaching back out with more information to come! In the meantime,
if you have any questions, please feel free to reach out!

-Brittany Hermann

Re: Beam Learning Months 2021

Posted by Brittany Hermann <he...@google.com>.
Hi folks,

I hope you all are doing well! We are still seeking speakers for the
upcoming english version of Beam Learning Month. This is a great
opportunity to keep the community engaged during this isolation period, and
provide learning opportunities for users with updated knowledge on Apache
Beam through interesting use cases.

If you are interested in presenting a use case during one of the dates in
June (June 2, 9, 16, 23), please let me know by responding to this email!

--

Brittany Hermann

Open Source Program Manager (Provided by Adecco Staffing)

1190 Bordeaux Drive , Building 4, Sunnyvale, CA 94089
<https://www.google.com/maps/search/1190+Bordeaux+Drive+,+Building+4,+Sunnyvale,+CA+94089?entry=gmail&source=g>

Re: Beam Learning Months 2021

Posted by Brittany Hermann <he...@google.com>.
Hi folks,