Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Ian Cook <ia...@ursacomputing.com> on 2021/09/28 16:07:18 UTC

Arrow sync call September 29 at 12:00 US/Eastern, 16:00 UTC

Hi all,

Our biweekly sync call is tomorrow at 12:00 noon Eastern time.

The Zoom meeting URL for this and other biweekly Arrow sync calls is:
https://zoom.us/j/87649033008?pwd=SitsRHluQStlREM0TjJVYkRibVZsUT09

Alternatively, enter this information into the Zoom website or app to
join the call:
Meeting ID: 876 4903 3008
Passcode: 958092

Thanks,
Ian

Re: Arrow sync call September 29 at 12:00 US/Eastern, 16:00 UTC

Posted by Neal Richardson <ne...@gmail.com>.
Attendees:

Phillip Cloud
Alenka Frim
Jörn Horstman
Jonathan Keane
Micah Kornfield
Rok Mihevc
Benson Muite
Jacques Nadeau
Eduardo Manuel Ponce Mojica
Weston Pace
Neal Richardson
Joris Van den Bossche

* C++ query engine update (see previous mailing list message)
* 6.0 release is coming, merge your patches, start bumping other jiras to
7.0
    * discussion of versioning, maintenance of past versions
* substrait: update on progress, discussion of extension framework. To
participate, go to substrait.io to learn more
* Should we use github issues instead of user mailing list? See Micah's
email just now. Also possibility of using GitHub Discussions
* C++ compute kernels: Eduardo proposing some consolidation/refactoring
* pyarrow serialization, has been deprecated, but plasma depends on it;
re-raises question about what are we doing with plasma, should we delete it
* Discussion of potential for better integration with pandas extension
types (esp. integers with missing values)