Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/26 04:54:27 UTC

[ANN] Apache Camel 2.0-M3 Released

The Camel riders are pleased to introduce the Apache Camel 2.0-M3
release [1]. With 109 issues resolved, a few api changes and many
improvements, we believed appropriate to have one more milestone
release.  We believe this to be the last milestone release and the the
final 2.0 will follow soon. Among the most important changes:

     * Complete removal of specialized Exchange using generics
     * Performance improvements
     * JMS improvements and fixes
     * Fixes for Camel Maven Archetypes.
     * Spring DSL fixes.
     * Added SSL support to Camel IRC
     * Many fixes in the CXF, FTP, Log, Mail and other.
     * Major improvements and fixes in Bindy
     * Removed platforms specific encoding from kits.
     * Fixed issues related to class loading in OSGi.
     * Upgraded to Junit 4.5.

Many thanks to all the contributors who made this release possible.
The Camel Riders

[1] http://camel.apache.org/camel-20-m3-release.html

Re: https://springframework.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/springframework/repos/repo-ext not accessible ?

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Spring has two types external dependency, one is normal jar , the other
is OSGi bundle jar. [1] is a old version third part bundle repository .
Now Spring has an more official bundle repository[2], and I will update
the camel-osgi to use this url.

You can find more information here[3].

[1]https://springframework.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/springframework/repos/repo-ext
[2]http://repository.springsource.com/maven/bundles/external
[3]http://www.springsource.com/repository/app/faq

Willem

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 11:24 AM, Willem Jiang<wi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Claus,
>
> I think you are using nexus, so maven will download the jar from the nexus
> cache.
>
> I did some test by removing the jar such as
> org/aopalliance/com.springsource.org.aopalliance-1.0.0.jar from my local m2
> repo, and run "mvn clean install" from camel-osgi directory. Maven will
> complain about can't find that jar from any mvn repository in the pom.
>
> So I think we need to add the spring bundle repository back with the latest
> repository URL :)
>
> BTW, "java.net" repository is for JAXB.

Maven really sucks, hence why nexus is needed.

I assume you fix the pom.xml as you wanted to correct the spring repos
to the correct one.

Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer

Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/