Posted to user@synapse.apache.org by Sihem <st...@yahoo.fr> on 2007/12/10 13:10:56 UTC

Access control

Hello!
I would like to know whether the access control functionnality will be added in the next synapse release. Because I would like synapse to extract a kerberos token from the client message and use it to determine if the client is allowed to access the final web service.
Thank you by advance!
sihem

---------------------------------

Re: RE : Re: Access control

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Sihem

I'm sorry I should have included the link:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-50

We really should have included this in a "contributions" directory. I will
make sure we put one in place before the next release.

Paul

--
Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

RE : Re: Access control

Posted by Sihem <st...@yahoo.fr>.
Hello,

--
Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

---------------------------------

Re: Access control

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Sihem

We have already some user contributed mediators for access control. Its
pretty easy to implement. The problem is really in tying into a backend. One
option I guess we could consider is using the WSO2 UserManager library which
is an open source library to backends like LDAP.

I also believe that there is built-in Kerberos support in the JDK so for
that aspect we could use that.

How about we create an authentication model like this:

<authenticate>
   <provider class="org.apache.synapse.authenticators.kerberos">
       <property name="token" expression="/xpath/to/token/element"/>
   </provider>
   <onFail>
      <sequence ref="authfailed"/>
   </onFail>