Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Matthieu Casanova <ch...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/11 11:49:39 UTC

Using zip VFS with Ivy

Hi,
I'm new to ivy, and I want to retrieve a dependency from a zip that is
on a website.
To do that I wanted to use VFS resolver.

The problem here is that ivy comes with a ivy-vfs.xml provider that
only allow ftp and sftp, all other VFS are disabled.
To fix that I replaced the file in the ivy distribution by the default
provider.xml from commons-vfs, so it works, but I cannot do automatic
install of ivy anymore.
Is there a reason to forbid zip in ivy by default ?

Matthieu

Re: Using zip VFS with Ivy

Posted by Maarten Coene <ma...@yahoo.com>.
No reason I think, you could raise a JIRA issue if you want it to be fixed

Maarten