Posted to user@commons.apache.org by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk> on 2003/06/03 23:04:38 UTC

Re: [beanutils]DynaProperty readable/writeable information and PropertyUtils

hi toni

i don't see any real reason why a DynaProperty should not contain
meta-data - for example whether a property is write, read-write or
read-only. in order to preserve backwards compatibility, there is no
guarantee that this data is accurate (in other words, older classes are
not forced to supply accurate data) and a reasonable default (read-write)
should be assumed.

by all means supply a patch - see
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/patches.html containing this
functionality.

- robert

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
that sounds great. good patches make everything so much easier :)

- robert

Posted by Toni Soliva <so...@e-servenet.com>.
Hi Robert,