Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Angela Schreiber <an...@adobe.com> on 2014/04/01 09:03:54 UTC

Re: [Group management] Define ACL on a group to allow membership modification but deny group deletion

hi vikas

yes, that's the way this is now handled in oak by default. if you
want to have regular 'removeNode' permissions being enforced for
removing a group or user you can to set the "permissionsJr2" config
parameter to ""USER_MANAGEMENT" in the authorization config. as
an effect the rep:userManagement privilege is no longer respected.

kind regards
angela

Posted by Vikas Saurabh <vi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Angela,

I've logged OAK-1653 for making rep:userManagement an aggregate. I'd use
'permissionJr2' and regular ACLs in the meantime.

I don't know Oak component responsible for user management, so I've left
that field blank.

Thanks,
Vikas

Re: [Group management] Define ACL on a group to allow membership modification but deny group deletion

Posted by Angela Schreiber <an...@adobe.com>.
hi vikas

>are there any side - effects of 'set the "permissionsJr2" config
>parameter to ""USER_MANAGEMENT" in the authorization config.'?

the side effect is that all user management related operations will be
covered by regular write permissions and the specific user management
permission for creating, modifying and removing items identifying user
and groups will not longer be respected... that's the behavior as it
used to be in jackrabbit 2.x. since many of those items are protected
it's more consistent to have them handled by dedicated permissions.

>Also, does it seem like a valid requirement to allow membership
>modification but not whole user management privilege? Should I log an
>issue
>for this?

we could make the rep:userManagement privilege an aggregate in order to
allow for more fine grained control. feel free to file an improvement in
the
oak jira.

kind regards
angela