Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Astrid Nova <as...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/14 02:39:55 UTC

[users@httpd] Drupal and Apache and mysql work if I cease using https - why?

I have found now that if I cease using https the problem goes and the
site works!
Can anyone suggest why?
The original header to my post series was "Problems getting a drupal
content managed website running with an apache webserver with a mysql
database."
I am using  Drupal 7.2 and Apache 2.2.19.
The problem was manifesting as access permission denied when I should be
logged in as admin.  When I tried to log in again, the webserver locked
and became unresponsive.
Since I ceased working in https, I haven't experienced this problem.
I have also been told that I don't need https for security. What should
I do instead?

Sheila N

Re: [users@httpd] Re: Drupal and Apache and mysql work if I cease using https - why?

Posted by Astrid Nova <as...@gmail.com>.
Thank you very much.  That is very helpful.

Sheila N

Posted by Igor Galić <i....@brainsware.org>.

> You need to enable HTTPS in apache.  Are you running your own apache
> server?  If so then read this article:
>
> <http://beeznest.wordpress.com/2008/04/25/how-to-configure-https-on-apache-2/>

Please link to the real documentation.. which reminds me.
Why don't we have some document which tells users how to do this?
http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/SettingUpModSSL ?
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/ssl/ ?

These are probably way too complex for the mere mortal...

> Good luck.

In Engineering there is no such thing as luck (:
everything is (easily) determinable.

> Astrid Nova wrote:
> > I have found now that if I cease using https the problem goes and
> > the
> > site works!
> > Can anyone suggest why?
> > The original header to my post series was "Problems getting a
> > drupal
> > content managed website running with an apache webserver with a
> > mysql
> > database."
> > I am using  Drupal 7.2 and Apache 2.2.19.
> > The problem was manifesting as access permission denied when I
> > should be
> > logged in as admin.  When I tried to log in again, the webserver
> > locked
> > and became unresponsive.
> > Since I ceased working in https, I haven't experienced this
> > problem.
> > I have also been told that I don't need https for security. What
> > should
> > I do instead?
> >
> > Sheila N
> >
> > DW wrote:

> >> You have to use the latest stable version of Apache (2.2.19].
> >>  Version
> >> 2.3 must be a beta and so don't expect it to perform properly.  I
> >> take
> >> it you have the latest version of Drupal version 7.2 - right?
> >>
> >> hth

Igor Galić

Tel: +43 (0) 664 886 22 883
Mail: i.galic@brainsware.org