Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by David Turner <tu...@genome.wi.mit.edu> on 2001/06/29 16:43:32 UTC

ServiceManagerClient Problem

I've been getting the following exception when I run the
ServiceManagerClient, which, for the life of me, can't resolve.

9:35am turner@darwin
~/src/omnigene/edu/mit/wi/omnigene/soap/examples/SearchProjectList >
java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
http://darwin:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter deploy
DeploymentDescriptor.xml

Exception in thread "main" [SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client;
msg=Parsing error, response was:
The markup in the document preceding the root element must be
well-formed.; targetException=org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The markup
in the document preceding the root element must be well-formed.]
        at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java, Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.invokeMethod(ServiceManagerClient.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.deploy(ServiceManagerClient.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.main(ServiceManagerClient.java,
Compiled Code)

My system is configured the following way:
Unix
JDK1.3.0
JAXP1.1
SOAP2.2
JavaMail1.2
JAF1.0.1
Xerces1.4.1
Tomcat4.0beta

I've also attempted the above configuration on Linux (ReadHat 7.1) using
JDK1.4beta, and got a slightly different error:
"The root element is missing" exception.

I've managed to following the code to the point were I believe the
problem is occurring.  The soap request is good, but when the response
comes back the soap envelope is incomplete so closing tags are missing,
which would explain the parsing error.  The problem is that I can't
trace what's causing this on the server side.  I've check to insure that
my classpath is correct and that I'm not conflicting with any other
parsers.

I NEED SUGGESTIONS!  This problem has been ongoing for the entire week.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.