Posted to dev@ratis.apache.org by 宋子阳 <sz...@163.com> on 2022/05/24 06:10:46 UTC

Thirdparty configuration issues

Hi all,
     Recently we upgraded Ratis from 2.2.0 to 2.3.0, and found the following warning:

org.apache.ratis.grpc.GrpcFactory - PERFORMANCE WARNING: useCacheForAllThreads is true that may cause Netty to create a lot garbage objects and, as a result, trigger GC.
   It is recommended to disable useCacheForAllThreads by setting -Dorg.apache.ratis.thirdparty.io.netty.allocator.useCacheForAllThreads=false in command line.
We are wondering if we can directly modify this useCacheForAllThreads as a configuration field instead of setting the system env?

Best,
William Song

Re: Thirdparty configuration issues

Posted by Tsz Wo Sze <sz...@gmail.com>.