Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Jack Gostl <go...@argoscomp.com> on 2006/12/02 09:16:33 UTC

bayes error

I've been looking at the spams that slip through, and I notice that they have no Bayes score. Not a low score, but no score. I suspect that is tied to this message in my log:

    Dec  2 02:00:44 web01 spamd[21664]: bayes: cannot open bayes databases /home/gostl/.spamassassin/bayes_* R/W: lock     failed: A system call received an interrupt.

I'm guessing that this is the result of two copies of spamd hitting the Bayes files at once. Since we have several people sharing the same Bayes files, this is a distinct possibility.

Is there any way to deal with this?

Thanks - Jack

Re: bayes error

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@verizon.net>.
Jack Gostl wrote:
> I've been looking at the spams that slip through, and I notice that
> they have no Bayes score. Not a low score, but no score. I suspect
> that is tied to this message in my log:
>
>     Dec  2 02:00:44 web01 spamd[21664]: bayes: cannot open bayes
> databases /home/gostl/.spamassassin/bayes_* R/W: lock     failed: A
> system call received an interrupt.
>
> I'm guessing that this is the result of two copies of spamd hitting
> the Bayes files at once. Since we have several people sharing the same
> Bayes files, this is a distinct possibility.

R/W lock failures should not have amy impact on scoring. It will just
cause autolearning to be skipped.

Now R/O lock failures WILL cause bayes to not be used in scoring, but
you're not getting those.

RE: bayes error

Posted by Sietse van Zanen <si...@wizdom.nu>.
Plain and simple, put you bayes in a MySQL database.

-Sietse