Posted to users@maven.apache.org by stug23 <pa...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/12 19:00:57 UTC

Crash when running site:site

I have a Maven project that's not very large or complex, however when I run
mvn site a fatal out of memory error occurs. I am enclosing the last portion
of the console output as an attached file.

When the job reaches the line '[INFO] Generating "Dependencies" report.' it
runs for a long time at high CPU level and then crashes.
http://www.nabble.com/file/p20465863/mvn-site-error.txt mvn-site-error.txt

When encountering this problem does anyone have suggestions as to how to
diagnose the problem?

Do I just have to give this more heap? Or is there some other underlying
problem that needs to be addressed? My other Maven jobs don't encounter this
error even though some of these projects are larger and more complex.

RE: Crash when running site:site

Posted by EJ Ciramella <ec...@upromise.com>.
Try something like:

MAVEN_OPTS=-Xmx512m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m