Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Manish Shah <Ex...@tietoenator.com> on 2006/09/15 10:52:06 UTC

Running surefire-report goal as part of maven test goal

Hi,

We're maven newbies and would like to configure our
surefire-report:report goal so that it always runs as part of the test
goal. This would mean we wouldn't have to manually run it when a test
failed. Here's the except from our pom:

<plugin>
    <version>2.2</version>
    <configuration>
      <useFile>false</useFile>
      <suiteXmlFiles>
        <suiteXmlFile>testng.xml</suiteXmlFile>
      </suiteXmlFiles>
    </configuration>
</plugin>

Any ideas on what configuration we need to provide to tell this plugin
to always run as part of the mvn test goal?

Thanks,
Manish

This email is intended only for the use of the addressees named above and may be confidential or legally privileged. If you are not an addressee you must not read it and must not use any information contained in it, nor copy it, nor inform any person other than TietoEnator or the addressees of its existence or contents.  If you have received this email and are not a named addressee, please delete it and notify the TietoEnator UK Technical Services Team on 0113 390 0700.

RE: Running surefire-report goal as part of maven test goal

Posted by Manish Shah <Ex...@tietoenator.com>.
Hi Pete,

I tried that and it didn't work. I've added this to my the build section
of my pom, but with no effect:

      <plugin>
        <artifactId>maven-surefire-report-plugin</artifactId>
        <executions>
          <execution>
            <phase>test</phase>
            <configuration>
              <testFailureIgnore>true</testFailureIgnore>
            </configuration>
          </execution>
        </executions>
      </plugin>

Any ideas what I'm missing?

Thanks,
Manish

	<artifactId>surefire-report-maven-plugin</artifactId>
</plugin>

in the <build> section of your POM.

Posted by Pete <pe...@gmail.com>.
You need to have