Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by "Goffena, Robert" <RG...@ball.com> on 2011/12/01 19:57:43 UTC

Visual Studio 2010 IDE Build Problem

I tried building the latest revision (1207768) of the xalanc trunk using
Visual Studio 2010 IDE, and am running into link problems.
Various projects (ie: XalanTransform) try to link against both the debug
and release builds of Xalan-C_1.lib.

Unchecking Configuration Properties->Linker->General->Link Library
Dependencies and then adding appropriate Xalan-C_1.lib to
Properties->Linker->General->Input->Additional Dependencies will likely
resolve this error.

Is anyone else seeing this problem?  Have I configured something in
VS2010 incorrectly?

Robert Goffena
Ball Aerospace & Technologies Corp.
2875 Presidential Dr. Fairborn, OH 45324-6269
Phone:  (937) 320-4096
Fax:  (937) 429-1687
Email:  rgoffena@ball.com

Correction: Re: Visual Studio 2010 IDE Build Problem

Posted by "Goffena, Robert" <RG...@ball.com>.
I researched a little more and came up with the following conclusion.

My problems seem to be due to the way project dependencies/references
are handled in VS2010:
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/vcblog/archive/2010/02/16/project-settings-chang
es-with-vs2010.aspx?PageIndex=3

Easiest solution seems to be:
1) set Properties->Common Properties->Framework and
References->Reference Assembly Output to true
2) set Properties->Common Properties->Framework and References->Link
Library Dependencies to true
3) set Properties->Configuration Properties->Linker->General->Link
Library Dependencies to false
for each project that has this problem.

Still curious if other developers have encountered this problem, or if I
have something incorrectly configured in VS2010.

[...]

This message and any enclosures are intended only for the addressee.
Please
notify the sender by email if you are not the intended recipient.  If
you are
not the intended recipient, you may not use, copy, disclose, or
distribute this
message or its contents or enclosures to any other person and any such
actions
may be unlawful.  Ball reserves the right to monitor and review all
messages

This message and any enclosures are intended only for the addressee.
Please
notify the sender by email if you are not the intended recipient.  If
you are
not the intended recipient, you may not use, copy, disclose, or
distribute this
message or its contents or enclosures to any other person and any such
actions
may be unlawful.  Ball reserves the right to monitor and review all
messages

Re: Visual Studio 2010 IDE Build Problem

Posted by sh...@e-z.net.
The problem with VC10 has been confirmed and should now be fixed.

The Apache Subversion Repository for XALAN-C has VC10 vcxproj files
repaired.  This commit fixes the situation where both Release and Debug
*.lib files were referenced when linking sample projects.

Steven J. Hathaway

Posted by Steve Hathaway <sh...@e-z.net>.