Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Aleksandar Milanovic <am...@galdosinc.com> on 2001/10/17 23:12:54 UTC

running multiple instances of the same web app with an application-scope javabean

Hi All,

I want to run multiple instances of the same web app on a single Tomcat 4.0.
Unfortunately, this web app uses a bean with an "application" session
context. This bean should be though different for each web app instance
deployed on the server. I have a few ideas how this could be achieved, but
am not sure if they're realistic:

1. Somehow force Tomcat to run multiple JVM. If this is possible, how I can
instruct it to run a single web app instance on a given JVM?
2. Install multiple instances of Tomcat on the same machine and run a single
web app instance in each installation.
3. Change the bean scope to session, introduce a new init servlet whose
session starts with the server startup and ends with the server shutdown,
and share the bean among servlets/JSPs within the same context.

Is this feasible, and is there a better solution?

thx
Alex