Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by h b <hb...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/20 18:50:14 UTC

getIsDisabled/setIsDisabled

Hello,

I have the following backing bean:
//not actual code
public class Foo { private boolean isBar; public Foo() {}; public boolean
isBar() {return this.isBar;} public void setBar(boolean isBar) {
this.isBar= isBar;} }

in my jsf I the following:
<h:commandLink disabled="#{foo.isBar}"/>

It is complaining because it can't find the property isBar...I have to
actually change my foo class to getIsBar() and setIsBar() then it work.

I'm new to JSF & MyFaces...am I missing something?

Thanks

Re: getIsDisabled/setIsDisabled

Posted by Christoph Ebner <ch...@gmail.com>.
Try <h:commandLink disabled="#{foo.bar}"/>

getters for boolean properties are supposed to be named 'isProperty()'
for all other objects or primitive types it's 'getProperty()'.

regards
christoph

Posted by Bryan Basham <bb...@stillsecure.com>.
EL uses the JavaBeans standard.  So, the disable EL attribute should be
"#{foo.bar}" and EL will use the isBar():boolean method to retrieve the
value.  You must not include the "is" portion of the method name.

Regards,
Bryan