Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Min Chen <mi...@citrix.com> on 2014/05/14 00:22:12 UTC

[ACS 4.4] Proposal to Disable IAM feature in 4.4

Hi All,

In the past several weeks, QA has done some testing on IAM feature and found several backward-compatibility issues. Even though Prachi and I have tried our best to fix bugs to maintain backward compatibility, we realized that in order to support true IAM model documented in our FS https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/CloudStack+Identity+and+Access+Management+%28IAM%29+Plugin, we will have to make several API changes that will require us to increment CloudStack major version.
Therefore we think that IAM feature is not ready for ACS 4.4 release, and we would like to propose to disable it in 4.4 branch and re-enable it later when community decides to go for 5.x.

Thanks
-min