Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by malsi <is...@epfl.ch> on 2007/12/07 12:45:21 UTC

Removing a referenced node

Hi,
First I would like to know if  it possible to have multiple nodes being
referencing the same node.

Anyway, is there a way to remove a node that is referenced by other nodes?
I have the following scenario :
node A is a reference to node B
node C is a reference to node B

I am creating a repository for storing user emails. As I have multiple users
and 2 or more users can receive the same email, I would like to be able to
store this email only once in the repository. If a new mail arrives and i
see that it is already stored, I create a new node as the reference to the
already sored email under a user's folder in the repository.

thanks for your help.

Re: Removing a referenced node

Posted by Thomas Mueller <th...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

> Anyway, is there a way to remove a node that is referenced by other nodes?

Yes: remove the references, and then remove the node.

Regards,
Thomas