Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Marc L. Veary" <ma...@mlveary.demon.co.uk> on 2006/08/25 08:57:04 UTC

Plugin Development Issue

Hi,

I have developed a very simple plugin that does nothing. (code included
below).

The problem is that I cannot seem to pass in a parameter either on the
command line or via a POM (in another project that defines this plugin in
the <build> section):

	mvn cleartrust:extract -Dverbose=Testing

or

	<configuration>
		<verbose>testing</verbose>
	</configuration>

Could someone point me in the right direction here?

package uk.co.nwlcoc.aa.maven.plugins;

import org.apache.maven.plugin.AbstractMojo;
import org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException;
import org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoFailureException;

/**
 * @goal extract
 * @phase package
 * @author Marc
 * @version $LastChangedRevision$
 */
public class ClearTrustMojo extends AbstractMojo
{
	/**
	 * @parameter
	 */
	private String verbose;

	public void execute() throws MojoExecutionException, MojoFailureException
	{
		getLog().info( ">> " + verbose );
	}

}

  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <groupId>uk.co.nwlcoc.aa.maven.plugins</groupId>
  <artifactId>maven-cleartrust-plugin</artifactId>
  <packaging>maven-plugin</packaging>
  <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <name>ClearTrust Mojo</name>
  <dependencies>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.maven</groupId>
      <artifactId>maven-plugin-api</artifactId>
      <version>2.0</version>
    </dependency>
  </dependencies>
</project>

Kind regards,
--
Marc

RE: Plugin Development Issue

Posted by "Marc L. Veary" <ma...@mlveary.demon.co.uk>.
Ha!

Yet again.  Everytime I email this list for some help, I then solve the
problem... sorry all.

The answer to the problem seems to be that one must provide the 'expression'
to the annotation:

	/**
	 * @parameter expression="${verbose}"
	 */
	private String verbose;

This now works from both POM and command line.

Many apologies for any time wasted.

Kind regards,
--
Marc