Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Amshoff, Christoph, Köln" <Ch...@fja.com> on 2000/09/12 14:39:09 UTC

JDK 1.1.x and Javadoc 1.2?

Hi,

we need to compile with JDK 1.1.x, but want to build javadoc 1.2 API.
Is there a way to do this with ant?

-- Starting ant in a JDK 1.1.x environment, <javadoc> calls the appropriate
   javadoc 1.1 and I cannot call javadoc 1.2 directly, right?

-- So let's forget the wrapper and use the <java> task to run the class
   com.sun.tools.javadoc.Main; but this fails with the JDK 1.1.x VM.

-- Next I tried <java> to execute in another VM, using fork and jvm
attributes
   to point to my Java2 VM. That's not working, too:
   build.xml:378: Class class org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Java doesn't
        support the "jvm" attribute

What's happening here? How do I get it done?

Thanks for helping!
Christoph.

Re: JDK 1.1.x and Javadoc 1.2?

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@bost.de>.

 ACK> build.xml:378: Class class org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Java
 ACK> doesn't support the "jvm" attribute

Seems to have been fixed past Ant 1.1. Works in current CVS.

Stefan