Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com> on 2023/06/26 16:54:28 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Qpid protonj2 1.0.0-M16

Hi folks,

I have put together a release candidate for a 1.0.0-M16 Qpid ProtonJ2
release,
please give it a test out and vote accordingly.

The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/protonj2/1.0.0-M16-rc1/

The maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1261

The JIRAs assigned are:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12313720&version=12353206

Regards

P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples
src, or your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to
access the staging repo:

   <repositories>
     <repository>
       <id>staging</id>
<url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1261</url>
     </repository>
   </repositories>

The dependency for the protocol engine or the client itself would then be:

   <dependency>
     <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
     <artifactId>protonj2</artifactId>
     <version>1.0.0-M16</version>
   </dependency>
   <dependency>
     <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
     <artifactId>protonj2-client</artifactId>
     <version>1.0.0-M16</version>
   </dependency>

--
Tim Bish

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid protonj2 1.0.0-M16

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
+1, verified checksum and signature, built from source including all
tests, ran example against router

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, 26 Jun 2023 at 17:55, Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I have put together a release candidate for a 1.0.0-M16 Qpid ProtonJ2
> release,
> please give it a test out and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/protonj2/1.0.0-M16-rc1/
>
> The maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1261
>
> The JIRAs assigned are:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12313720&version=12353206
>
> Regards
>
> P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples
> src, or your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to
> access the staging repo:
>
>    <repositories>
>      <repository>
>        <id>staging</id>
> <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1261</url>
>      </repository>
>    </repositories>
>
> The dependency for the protocol engine or the client itself would then be:
>
>    <dependency>
>      <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
>      <artifactId>protonj2</artifactId>
>      <version>1.0.0-M16</version>
>    </dependency>
>    <dependency>
>      <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
>      <artifactId>protonj2-client</artifactId>
>      <version>1.0.0-M16</version>
>    </dependency>
>
> --
> Tim Bish

+1

I checked things over as follows:
- Verified the signature + checksum files.
- Checked for LICENCE + NOTICE files in the archives.
- Used "mvn apache-rat:check" to check headers in the source archive.
- Ran the source build and tests on JDK 11.
- Ran HelloWorld example against ActiveMQ Artemis main using the
staged client bits on JDK 11.

Robbie

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid protonj2 1.0.0-M16

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On 6/26/23 12:54, Timothy Bish wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I have put together a release candidate for a 1.0.0-M16 Qpid ProtonJ2
> release,
> please give it a test out and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/protonj2/1.0.0-M16-rc1/
>
> The maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1261
>
> The JIRAs assigned are:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12313720&version=12353206
>

> Regards
>
> P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples
> src, or your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to
> access the staging repo:
>
>   <repositories>
>     <repository>
>       <id>staging</id>
> <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1261</url>
>
>     </repository>
>   </repositories>
>
> The dependency for the protocol engine or the client itself would then
> be:
>
>   <dependency>
>     <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
>     <artifactId>protonj2</artifactId>
>     <version>1.0.0-M16</version>
>   </dependency>
>   <dependency>
>     <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
>     <artifactId>protonj2-client</artifactId>
>     <version>1.0.0-M16</version>
>   </dependency>

+1

* Validated signatures and checksums
* Verified license and notice files in archives
* Verified source license headers with 'mvn apache-rat:check'
* Built from source and ran the test suite
* Ran the examples against an ActiveMQ Artemis install

Posted by Jiri Daněk <jd...@redhat.com>.
+1

* Added staged maven repo to https://github.com/rh-messaging/cli-java,
upgraded protonj2 version and ran tests on openjdk 11, which passed
--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards
Jiri Daněk

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid protonj2 1.0.0-M16

Posted by Tomas Vavricka <va...@apache.org>.
* Verified the signature and checksum files
* Verified LICENCE and NOTICE files in archives
* Verified source license headers by 'mvn apache-rat:check'
* Built from source and ran tests (mvn clean install) on OpenJDK Java 11 (11.0.18) and OpenJDK Java 17 (17.0.6) on Ubuntu 22.04.2

Regards,
Tomas