Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Yu-Hui Jin <yu...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/23 07:18:12 UTC

C++ type of analysis issues

Hi, there,

I haven't found any existing filter/tokenizer that can deal with "C++"
type of search keywords.  I'm using WordDelimiterFilter which removes
the "++".

One way I am thinking of right now is to use synonym filter before the
WordDelimiterFilter to replace "c++" (after low-cased it) with say
"cpp".  And use the synonym filter for both indexing and querying.
That would cause a "cpp" string to be found as a result of search
"c++" (or "C++"). But I guess this is not a big problem.

Anyway, I feel this is a common issue and must be solved by someone
already, so anyone has a better solution?

Thanks,

-Hui