Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org> on 2008/05/27 13:15:29 UTC

Java 6 [Was: Cayenne and JAX-WS / JAXB]

I don't disagree with that (although check the EOL note here [1]),
still this shouldn't matter. Consider that Cayenne being Java 1.4 in
the recent past did not prevent us from fully supporting enums. The
mechanism to develop and test multi-JDK extensions is there, so if we
see a benefit, we can easily start adding Java6-only features.

To me personally the turning point in my interest in Java 6 was Apple
releasing the JDK for Mac about a month ago. Until then I didn't
bother to look this way.

Andrus

[1] http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index_jdk5.jsp

RE: Java 6 [Was: Cayenne and JAX-WS / JAXB]

Posted by Scott Anderson <sa...@airvana.com>.
I've heard rumors of properties for Java 7 -- if you've ever used VB6
classes, you probably have a good idea of what that means; think of a
public member which may have read-only, write-only, or read-write access
-- which would cause the deprecation of getters/setters.

Scott

Posted by Michael Gentry <bl...@gmail.com>.