Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Talat Uyarer <ta...@uyarer.com> on 2014/03/18 10:21:22 UTC

Book of Nutch

Hi All,

Some write a book about Nutch. I saw in Gora issue.

http://www.packtpub.com/web-crawling-and-data-mining-with-apache-nutch/book

--
Talat UYARER
Websitesi: http://talat.uyarer.com

Re: Book of Nutch

Posted by Renato Marroquín Mogrovejo <re...@gmail.com>.
Go for it Talat :)

Re: Book of Nutch

Posted by Nicholas Roberts <ni...@gmail.com>.
yes, its a useful reference, wiki-up Talat

On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 12:33 PM, Talat Uyarer <ta...@uyarer.com> wrote:

> Sorry my engilish. I wanted to said "While i read an issue, someone write
> this book name. Did you know someone wrote a book about Nutch"
>
> I think we should support books of nutch on our wiki. Wdyt ?
> 19 Mar 2014 21:04 tarihinde "Nicholas Roberts" <ni...@gmail.com>
> yazdı:
>
> > yep, if it has a less ambitious title I would give it 4 1/2 stars
> (assuming
> > all the facts and details check-out with errors)
> >
> > with the current title, I would give it 3 stars, its got nothing really
> on
> > data mining
> >

> > On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 11:57 AM, BlackIce <bl...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > > I skimmed this book as well,
> > >
> > > It saves a lot of time not having to Google all the info yourself.
> > >
> > > It also expands on some of things, so it clarified many things for me
> > >
> > > It is a very good starting point for a noob like me!
> > >
> > > I Agree on the Title, it's a getting started book
> > >

> > > On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 5:42 PM, Nicholas Roberts <
> > > niccolo.roberts@gmail.com

> > > mining

> Data

> http://www.packtpub.com/web-crawling-and-data-mining-with-apache-nutch/book

> > --
> >
> > --
> > Nicholas Roberts
> > www.niccolox.org
> > www.bigdatadrupal.org

Nicholas Roberts
www.niccolox.org
www.bigdatadrupal.org

Re: Book of Nutch

Posted by Talat Uyarer <ta...@uyarer.com>.

Re: Book of Nutch

Posted by Nicholas Roberts <ni...@gmail.com>.
yep, if it has a less ambitious title I would give it 4 1/2 stars (assuming
all the facts and details check-out with errors)

with the current title, I would give it 3 stars, its got nothing really on
data mining

On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 11:57 AM, BlackIce <bl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I skimmed this book as well,
>
> It saves a lot of time not having to Google all the info yourself.
>
> It also expands on some of things, so it clarified many things for me
>
> It is a very good starting point for a noob like me!
>
> I Agree on the Title, it's a getting started book
>

> On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 5:42 PM, Nicholas Roberts <
> niccolo.roberts@gmail.com
> > wrote:
>
> > I've skimmed this book and it seems like good coverage of basic to
> > intermediate topics
> >
> > I couldn't see anything obvious regarding real (i.e. advanced) data
> mining
> > techniques
> >
> > so, it probably would be better titled Nutch: Getting Started with Data
> > Mining & Web Crawling
> >
> > or something, I am still trying to find time to review properly
> >

> > On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 8:52 AM, Renato Marroquín Mogrovejo <
> > renatoj.marroquin@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Hey Talat,
> > >
> > > So what was the issue with this book?
> > >

> > > Renato M.