Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Carsten Schinzer <c....@gmail.com> on 2012/08/31 09:36:49 UTC

Intro and first question, JIRA 5019

Hello all,

While I am an OFBiz user since quite some years, this is the first time I
felt I need to subscribe to this list on top of my subscription to the
users list.

let me introduce myself briefly here: I have a background in science (and
related coding in Pascal, Fortran as you may assume) since 20 years and I
am exposed to the Java space (and some more general use "web scripting"
languages) since about 11 years now. My current professional role is to
support operations of large ecommerce sites in the travel industry (aka.
Online Travel Agencies), 24 x 7 x 365, highly-available (> 99.7%).

On a personal turf in my spare time I do run and support a couple of small
ecommerce sites for friends and relatives based upon OFBiz since ca. 2
years. The main configuration of these sites relies on the OFBiz'
Multitenancy option as I prefer to remain scalable for each of the sites
and have thus decided to have a distinct database for each tenant (with a
bunch of sites each, mostly).

As I said, I feel I need to subscribe to this list now as I do observe a
bug in the Multitenant setup which disallows to manipulate data or retrieve
correct permissions for users when using Multitenant. Please refer to JIRA
5019.

I did propose a possible solution there, but I am lacking knowledge about
session attribute / parameter handling on the backoffice applications. Any
guidance here will be much appreciated.

Thanks & regards

Carsten

Re: Intro and first question, JIRA 5019

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Very nice introduction Carsten , if all people could be so polite...

I'm sure we (OFBiz team) will help you with this, by doing this we will help ourselves anyway  :o)

Jacques

From: "Adrian Crum" <ad...@sandglass-software.com>

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@sandglass-software.com>.
Welcome to the dev list!