Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Robert Yokota <ra...@gmail.com> on 2019/09/23 13:50:40 UTC

Integrating Calcite, Omid, Avatica, Avro, and Kafka

Hi,

In case anyone is interested, I wrote a post about integrating Calcite,
Omid, Avatica, Avro, and Kafka here:
https://yokota.blog/2019/09/23/building-a-relational-database-using-kafka/

Regards,
Robert

Re: Integrating Calcite, Omid, Avatica, Avro, and Kafka

Posted by Danny Chan <yu...@gmail.com>.
Nice blog, Robert, I’m +1 on have a section on the website for such blog articles or demos. It really helps a lot to have such section so user can have a nice quick start or see what other guys are doing with Calcite.

Best,
Danny Chan
在 2019年9月23日 +0800 PM10:40,Michael Mior <mm...@apache.org>,写道:

Posted by Stamatis Zampetakis <za...@gmail.com>.
Nice blog Robert! It is nice to see Calcite participate in such projects.

Instead of putting a link to the blog post maybe an entry in "Powered by
Calcite" [1] section of the site would be more appropriate .

Best,
Stamatis

[1] https://calcite.apache.org/docs/powered_by.html

Posted by Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de>.
Hi,

I agree with that and would love such a section (with timestamps). This could also make it easier for newcomers to learn about calcite.

Julian
________________________________
Posted by Michael Mior <mm...@apache.org>.
Personally, I think a separate section would be preferable although it
could be formatted the same way as the news so it should be equally
easy to maintain. I think separating it would be nice because it's not
necessarily "news" and I don't think we want to suggest it's
authoritative.
--
Michael Mior
mmior@apache.org