Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Maria Laura Velazquez <ml...@spcom.com.ar> on 2001/07/31 22:10:35 UTC

RE: Problem with Struts in VAJ 3.5.3 WTE

Hi!,
	I'm Mar�a Laura, and I have the problem mentioned here: the employeelist
app index.jsp page throws the following error:

Mensaje: Server caught unhandled exception from servlet [jsp]: Missing
message for key index.title

	Firstly, I edited the ApplicationResourses.properties files, adding the key
index.title, because it wasn't here.

	Second, I have added the extra-path:
c:\archivos de programa/ibm/visualage for java/ide/project_resources/ibm
websphere test environment/hosts/default_host/employeelist/WEB-INF/classes

and the following directory structure :

		employeelist->
			index.jsp
			jsp->
				*.jsp
				*.webapp
				WEB-INF->
					*.tld, *.xml, *.dtd
					classes->
					ApplicationResourses.properties

			WEB-INF->
					*.tld, *.xml, *.dtd
					classes->
					ApplicationResourses.properties

	And it didn't work.

	Also, I edited the EmployeeEdit.jsp page and added the following line (that
appears in index.jsp):

		<title><bean:message key="index.title"/></title>

	Surprisingly, I hadn't the error for the key index.title, but the title for
my page was: <bean:message key="index.title"/> !!!

	Has anybody some idea about this? how can I solve this problem?

	Excuse me for my english.

	Regards.

	ML

Von: Karmanov, Igor [mailto:KarmanovI@JUSTICE.GC.CA]
Gesendet am: Donnerstag, 21. Juni 2001 14:49
An: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Betreff: RE: Problem with Struts in VAJ 3.5.3 WTE

I've got the employeelist working fine in WTE 3.5.3 without any changes and
now I'm testing my app with the same structure.
It looks like the key for access to ApplicationResources.properties file is
to put the following in extra class path in WTE:

d:/program files/ibm/visualage for java/ide/project_resources/ibm websphere
test environment/hosts/default_host/myApp/WEB-INF/classes

Igor Karmanov

Any Comments on Layout tags

Posted by bill milbratz <mi...@neodesic.com>.
Hello struts users,

I followed up with olivierbazoud's post yesterday regarding the layout tags
listed at http://struts.application-servers.com/ .

I definitely liked the underlying motives for the tags and the efforts to
simplify even further programming of standard maintenance screens:
 >Hundreds of screens
 >Developers with very different backgrounds, including people with 20
years of experience in Cobol and without a good knowledge of new technology
 >All developers need to be able to develop application screens.
 >That kind of application has 3 types of very simple screens: selectors,
lists and cards.
 >The look and feel of the applications is very strict.
 >The screen designers have no freedom to choose it.

They seem, indeed, to simplify  programming.  My question: are folks using
these widely? Does anyone have any tips/techniques words of wisdom on their
use?

thanks in advance,

bill milbratz