Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org> on 2008/10/01 04:55:42 UTC

Anybody seeing issues with rampart?

Is anybody else getting a "Module validation failed: The system is
attempting to engage a module that is not available: rampart" error in
some of the binding-ws test cases with Axis2 1.4.1 and rampart 1.4?

I'm wondering if it's a bug or a problem in my environment.

Thanks
--
Jean-Sebastien

Re: Anybody seeing issues with rampart?

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.
Jean-Sebastien Delfino wrote:
> Is anybody else getting a "Module validation failed: The system is
> attempting to engage a module that is not available: rampart" error in
> some of the binding-ws test cases with Axis2 1.4.1 and rampart 1.4?
>
> I'm wondering if it's a bug or a problem in my environment.
>
> Thanks

Looks like binding-ws-axis2 still contains a copy of rampart-1.3.mar.
I've tried to replace it with rampart-1.4.mar and it didn't fix the
error I'm seeing on my machine, but that raises some questions:

- Should rampart-1.3.mar be upgraded to 1.4 as the POM references the
1.4 classes?

- Why is the binding-ws-axis2 module repackaging that .mar file,
shouldn't it be just in the lib directory of the distribution?

- How about moving it to one of security modules? (I've not understood
the structure of the security modules yet, so I'm not sure which one though)

--
Jean-Sebastien