Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at> on 2006/07/03 14:25:27 UTC

accessibility and dataTable

Hi!

On myfaces-user there is a request to add the following to our datatable:

* caption
* id/headers stuff

It looks like the caption thingy is fixed in JSF 1.2, though, I'll
backport it to tomahawks datatable.

The description about the id/header stuff can be found here:
http://www.ferg.org/section508/accessible_tables.html#contents_item_6.1

Shouldn't be that hard to implement, though, I would like to know what
you think. For the id/header stuff if plan a new attribute for
t:datatable e.g. accessibility="" where one can enable/disable some
accessibility options. As a start this will be accesibility="headers"
ONLY, later - on request - a coma separated list can be put here.

If no one complains I'll have a deeper look into how this issue can be
solved.

Ciao,
Mario