Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by praveen tiwari <pr...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/14 07:40:36 UTC

Running HTTP request in sequence in Jmeter

Hi All,

I am new to Jmeter and need to understand basic execution flow of Jmeter.
Suppose I have 10 HTTP requests recorded and I am running these 10
requests. Below are confusions I am having:

- How the sequence of these requests is decided by Jmeter?
- Is it possible to run the requests in a specific order? e.g. if I want to
run requests in sequence req1, req2, req3, .....req10 is it possible? or
else if I want sequence to be like req1 10 times, then req2 10 times then
req3 10 times and continue till req10.?
- When we configure the proxy settings while recording scripts, we put
localhost in browser setting, then how we are able to access internet when
we click start in HTTP(s) test script recorder?

Thanks,
Praveen Kumar Tiwari

Re: Running HTTP request in sequence in Jmeter

Posted by praveen tiwari <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Prakash,

Thanks for your response!

I am running 10 thread with ramp up time 10 seconds and loop count is set
to 1.

In below screenshot as you can see, I have highlighted "Hotel Index"
request which is being executed randomly.
I want to run the requests in the order as they appear in test plan.

One more question, I am running 10 threads in 10 seconds, and there are 9
requests in test plan. Once we run the script, without any additional
controllers, how execution happens. All 10 threads will run simultaneously
like 10 user hitting the index page together and then all 10 users hitting
start and so on.

[image: Inline image 1]

Posted by Prakash Palnati <pr...@snapwiz.com>.
Hi,