Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Michael Echerer <me...@tngtech.com> on 2004/06/26 16:05:56 UTC

Is crossContext conform to the Servlet API?

Hi,

short question:

Is the crossContext attibute for contexts (or better the mechanismn
behind) part of the Servlet API or is it a Tomcat specific feature that
you couldn't use on other servers.

I just wondered if you would tie your application/setup to Tomcat when
using a crosscontext webapp to by shared by several other webapps.

Greetings
Michael

Re: Is crossContext conform to the Servlet API?

Posted by cfortunato <c_...@tin.it>.
Why this error ?

type Exception report

message

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it
from fulfilling this request.

exception

org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.javacError(DefaultErrorHandle
r.java:97)

org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.javacError(ErrorDispatcher.java:3
46)
	org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateClass(Compiler.java:414)
	org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:472)
	org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:451)
	org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:439)

org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:5
11)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:2
95)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:292)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:236)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)

root cause

Unable to find a javac compiler;
com.sun.tools.javac.Main is not on the classpath.
Perhaps JAVA_HOME does not point to the JDK

org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.compilers.CompilerAdapterFactory.getCompiler(C
ompilerAdapterFactory.java:106)
	org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Javac.compile(Javac.java:935)
	org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Javac.execute(Javac.java:764)
	org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateClass(Compiler.java:382)
	org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:472)
	org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:451)
	org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:439)

org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:5
11)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:2
95)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:292)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:236)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache
Tomcat/5.0.26 logs.

----

Apache Tomcat/5.0.26
I don't work
C.Fortunato

I.m Italian
(Scusa per il mio non inglese)
Non riesco a far funzionare Tomcat (JSP) con Eclipse - Java - Cosa ho
dimenticato ?