Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Aldrin Leal <al...@leal.eng.br> on 2011/05/23 09:32:27 UTC

Idea: Maven Archetypes for OpenEJB

Here is something I've been thinking about two days ago, and pinged about on
twitter do dblevins. However, I'd like your feedback.

I love using OpenEJB. Not only I write articles on it, I simply use it as an
embedded container. Given its ease of use, I figure it would be a great idea
to supply OpenEJB users with a set of M3 Archetypes for quickstart, ranging
from a simple, fully embedded jar for primary development, as well as a full
multimodule project envolving persistence, remoting, ejbs and ears.

I am taking this opportunity to study and learn it, based from trunk.
Meanwhile, here is what I need your advice:

   - Which kind of situations you've often found into, which could be mapped
   into archetypes?
   - Which kind of persistence frameworks do you often use?
   - Beside the choice of persistence, which other aspects would you like to
   be able to tune from an archetype?
   - Which special spices would you like to get, beyond testing? I mean, to
   be able to turn into a full geronimo deployable artifact, or another
   container, using Archillian with OpenEJB wrapped inside, or simply being
   able to tweak properties easily?

Your comments are welcome. Thank you :)

--
-- Aldrin Leal, <al...@leal.eng.br> / http://www.leal.eng.br/mnemetica/

Re: Idea: Maven Archetypes for OpenEJB

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.
I use them a fair bit. Its a personal preference I guess, but if I'm trying
something out, I like to try my own thing with a generated POM to get me
started, rather than hack about someone else's example.

Examples are extremely useful though, and I've always thought the OpenEJB
examples are really great. They're also a great place to start contributing
to the project :)

Jon

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.