Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by "Eric J. Schwarzenbach" <Er...@wrycan.com> on 2005/03/16 22:36:37 UTC

Re: Xerces vs Crimson performance

This is late reply, but fwiw, have you tried turning on or off the feature

    http://apache.org/xml/features/dom/defer-node-expansion

The intention of the feature is to make parsing faster, but with certain
situations / document sizes it actually slows it down considerably. Or
at least it used to--I haven't played with it for a while so my data may
be old, but it's easy enough to try. Note that the default value of this
seems to depend on what implemention you use, so I would make sure to
try it explicitly set both ways.

Eric