Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Torsten Reiners <t....@tu-bs.de> on 2002/06/18 17:44:02 UTC

Unicode-Problems

Hi,

we are using Cocoon 2.0.2.  Using the following entry in the sitemap

   <map:match pattern="winfo/">
     <map:generate src="/home/vorms/website/mathml/math_test.xml"/>
     <map:transform src="/home/vorms/website/mathml/page2html.xsl"/>
     <map:serialize>
         <encoding>ISO-8859-1</encoding>
    </map:serialize>
    </map:match>

we want transform a XML-file to HTML BUT keeping the unicodes. Currently,
the serializer (to our understanding) transforms, e.g., &#8721; into &sum;
which
is something we do not want. Is there any way to tell cocoon to keep the
unicode characters??

Sincerely
Torsten

--

                         __  __
                        _ OO\| O__

TU Braunschweig
Abteilung Allgemeine Betriebswirtschaftslehre,
  Wirtschaftsinformatik und Informationsmanagement
Abt-Jerusalem-Str.7
38106 Braunschweig, Germany

Other EMails:  treiners@ucdavis.edu
                     torsten.reiners@epost.de

RE: Unicode-Problems

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
> From: Michael Mangeng [mailto:michael.mangeng@ideefix.net]
>
> Hi
>
> I´m not sure if you can set the encoding in the map:serialize tag.
AFAIK you
> have to set it in the map:serializeR tag.

You are completely right on this one.

1) Serializers do not have local configuration (invocation-time
configuration) as other components do.

2) Local configuration of any component allows *only* parameters
(map:parameter), *no* tags.

> example:
> <map:components>
> <map:serializers>
>     <map:serializer type="html"...
>         <encoding>ISO-8859-1</encoding>
>     </map:serializer>
> ..
> </map:serializers>
> </map:components>
>
> If his doesn´t work either, add the encoding tag to the xslt
transformer tag
> in <map:transformers> as well.

IIRC, TraxTransformer does not have such configuration parameter.

Vadim

Re: Unicode-Problems