Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Chris Anderson <jc...@apache.org> on 2009/02/15 23:57:09 UTC

Re: Getting "unauthorized" errors replicating from jchris's twitter-client-design

On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 2:46 PM, Jens Alfke <je...@mooseyard.com> wrote:

> On Feb 15, 2009, at 2:30 PM, Damien Katz wrote:
>
>> Jan is correct. This looks to be because design doc is replicating, which
>> requires a security check. If the target replica has on admin security
>> turned, this will break. The security patch is meant to deal with these
>> issues.
>
> By "target" do you mean the source or destination of the replication? The
> destination db (mine) has access protection enabled too, but from Jan's
> previous answer it sounded like the issue was with the source db (jchris's
> public server) being write-access controlled.

The issue is that the validation function does not allow docs to be
saved by other users than than the user listed as the doc author. This
makes total sense for editing docs, but breaks down in that it does
not allow docs created by the author on my machine, to be saved by
replication into the db on your machine, unless you are logged into
your machine as me.

(OK I just realized that I'm probably talkng about Sofa's db
http://jchrisa.net/drl and not the Twitter client.

The twitter-client design doc
http://jchrisa.net/twitter-client/_design/twitter-client has no
validation function. It could be a different issue. Also my couch is
running on not-quite-trunk ATM...

Chris

--
Chris Anderson